Each year, we kick off gritLIT with Battle of the Books, where ten well-known local personalities discuss, debate, and mud-sling in defence of their favourite titles from the Evergreen Reading List.
Battle of the Books, in partnership with the Hamilton Public Library, will take place March 31st at 7:00 p.m. at the Central Library (Wentworth Room).
We’re excited to have the following presenters join us this year:
- Pauline Kajiura defending Local Customs by Audrey Thomas
- Aidan Johnson defending All Saints by K.D. Miller
- Chris Cutler defending They Left Us Everything by Plum Johnson
- Shannon Kyles defending Under the Visible Light by Kim Echlin
- Pat Wright defending Seconds by Brian Lee O’Malley
- Frances Neufeld defending Birdie by Tracey Lindberg
- Cole Gately defending The Lonely Section of Hell by Laurie Shenher
- Jeff Goodes defending Punishment by Linden MacIntyre
- Ian Downie defending The Hunger of the Wolf by Stephen Marche
- Grace Kehler defending The Jaguar’s Children by John Valliant
Let the battle begin!
Admission to this event is free, but we suggest you register to avoid disappointment.